Saturday, February 4, 2012

These Are The Times That Try Men's Souls*

Ok, well I filled up with gas today and I gotta say I was SHOCKED! $48.45 and that's Regular grade! And I drive a little bitty truck! I am basically a traveling photographer shooting sports and weddings besides having a day job so it's a necessity to buy gas pretty often. When did this happen? Did someone threaten to stop pumping oil? We are at the mercy of someone and I hate being dependent on anyone!

Is there a conspiracy or something? Gas was $2 or so a year ago -they get us used to the price by jacking it up real high and then when it goes down a dime - we are so relieved! I think it's gonna be well over $4 in June when we all wanna take those vacations. Remember you heard it here first. Good Luck!

I keep cutting back on the things I do, like eating out and movies, but wow! you would have thought it was Christmas out by the local shopping mall today. I never saw so many cars. Bless those military people spending their pay. Is it too late for me to sign up?

Basketball photos today went pretty well. I used a greenscreen to shoot individuals and the team since no courts were available. It's a great way to shoot and later put in an appropriate background with the computer but you have to have very good lighting.

I have decided to branch out and open a couple of more small businesses for a little security in these trying times. More on this later.

Bless the wifey's heart-she has had a cold but works and goes to school like a real trouper. I'm told it'll pay off one day.(that's what I keep telling her anyway)

All I want is fairness for all people-reward hard work-reward innovation-reward working smart and stop rewarding bad behavior. Everyone ought to pay some taxes-NO ONE should get back money they didn't pay in. We all need some skin in the game! This country can be great again-we just have to return to fairness. These are the times that try men's souls!*

(Famous Quote by Founding Father Thomas Paine 1776-77)

No comments:

Post a Comment